What is TAPSIGNER?
A simple Bitcoin wallet in your pocket. Think of it as a Bitcoin private key on a card! You can sign mobile wallet transactions by tapping the card on your phone. Your mobile wallet provides most of the wallet logic and TAPSIGNER holds the secrets. It’s essentially a hardware wallet you can slip inside your regular wallet.
What’s the motivation for TAPSIGNER? You already make COLDCARD.
- TAPSIGNER’s lower cost makes hardware wallet features and security available to a wider market around the world.
- An NFC card provides fast and easy user experiences.
- TAPSIGNER is a great way to keep your keys separate from your wallet(s).
- Card form factor makes it easy to carry and easy to conceal.
What are some possible uses for TAPSIGNER?
- Phone wallet cosigning
- Opening and closing Lightning Network channels
- Using an NFC module with a Lightning Network node
- Message signing
- Collaborative multisig service applications
- Raw transactions
- Partially signed Bitcoin transactions (PSBTs) via HWI
- App Authentication
Can I use TAPSIGNER for multisig co-signing?
Absolutely! TAPSIGNER works perfectly for multisig transactions.